Welcome to the Department of Planning and Community Development
In Dover, Planning and Community Development is administered by the Planning Department. The department has worked to implement changes to the land use regulations, which are geared toward promoting smart growth. This type of growth looks to balance environmental needs with human/economic needs.
Using the Web, we hope to serve you in the best possible manner. If we can be of service, please do not hesitate to call or email our office.
- View the posted proposal to rezone property at Sixth Street and Production Drive. Read the Rezoning Analysis
- View the 2016 Transportation Master Plan chapter.
- View the recently approved FFY16 Final CDBG Action Plan
- FY18 CDBG application material is available. The deadline to submit complete applications is 4:00 pm on November 16th
Interested in the Climate Change Risk Assessment work completed with MIT
and the New England Climate Adaptation Project in 2013? Results are in, click here
to learn more.
Read our blog: here
|Like us on Facebook: here
| Follow Us on Twitter here
Land Use Regulations
The City of Dover's land use regulations can be found in the following chapters of the City Code:
Chapter 92, Driveways. View online here.
Chapter 149, Site Review Regulations. View online here.
Chapter 155, Subdivision of Land. View online here.
Chapter 170, Zoning. View online here.
Current Planning Board projects
Below are locations of projects before the Planning Board. View City of Dover, NH: Planning Board, Current Meeting in a larger map
Below are locations of projects before the Zoning Board.
Meeting dates and submission deadlines for Planning Board, Zoning Board, TRC, Conservation Commission and the Transportation Advisory Commission located here on our Planning Department 2014 Meeting Schedule
To facilitate the process of determining Dover’s long-range development goals and advocate the implementation of these goals once they are established with particular emphasis on economic development; to serve the public as a source of information and data about the community; to develop and fairly administer regulatory processes that apply to development and construction with an emphasis on assisting the public, and to provide expertise for special projects with emphasis on GIS, economic development, transportation and land use.
Major Service Responsibilities for the Planning Office
- Maintain and implement the City’s Master Plan
- Maintain and administer the approval process for development and subdivision of land
- Staff the Planning Board, Conservation Commission, Zoning Board of Adjustment and City Council for their respective land use and development issues
- Serve as an information source on the City and development process for the public, City departments and applicants
- Represent the City on regional and state committees and projects
- Conduct research and grant writing
- Conduct special projects as assigned by the City Manager or any of the City’s Boards and Commissions
- Planning Board
- Cochecho Waterfront Development Advisory Committee
- Community Trail Advisory Committee
- Conservation Commission
- Energy Commission
- Open Lands Committee
- Transportation Advisory Committee
Planning Department Documents
Click here to view a list of all Planning Department documents.
Planning Department Forms