skip to main navigation
skip to main content

Dover Library Home

Dover Public Library Logo

QuickButton.gif

43 - 45 Atkinson Street

43 Atkinson St.jpg

This circa 1850 home was built by Hammon Hutchinson, originally a spinner in the mill and later owner of a confectionery shop. Two daughters, Emily and Matilda, became teachers, with Emily eventually being promoted to Assitant Principal at the High School. A later owner was Samuel Abbott, son of Major Joseph Abbott.
    From the 1991 Heritage Walking Tour booklet

 

This historical essay is provided free to all readers as an educational service. It may not be reproduced on any website, list, bulletin board, or in print without the permission of the Dover Public Library. Links to the Dover Public Library homepage or a specific article's URL are permissible.