Damm Garrison

skip to main navigation
skip to main content

Dover Library Home

Dover Public Library Logo

QuickButton.gif

 

Disclaimer

The Dover Public Library website offers public access to a wide range of information, including historical materials that are products of their particular times, and may contain values, language or stereotypes that would now be deemed insensitive, inappropriate or factually inaccurate. However, these records reflect the shared attitudes and values of the community from which they were collected and thus constitute an important social record.

The materials contained in the collection do not represent the opinions of the City of Dover, or the Dover Public Library.

 

Damm Garrison



The Damm Garrison House is now part of the Woodman Institute, a local history museum in Dover. You can visit the museum Wednesday through Sunday from 12:30 - 4:30.
garrison text.jpg

This information is from Roving Over Dover: the oldest city in New Hampshire, a booklet published in the 1930's.


Damm Garrison 3.jpg
There are several acceptable spellings for the Damm Garrison. It has also been spelled Damme, Dam and Dame. The Damm Garrison is also known as the Drew Garrison as it descended from the Damm family to the Drew family.

 

This historical essay is provided free to all readers as an educational service. It may not be reproduced on any website, list, bulletin board, or in print without the permission of the Dover Public Library. Links to the Dover Public Library homepage or a specific article's URL are permissible.