In Dover, Planning & Community Development is administered by the Planning Department. The department has worked to implement changes to the land use regulations, which are geared toward promoting smart growth. This type of growth looks to balance environmental needs with human/economic needs.
Using the Web, we hope to serve you in the best possible manner. If we can be of service, please do not hesitate to call or email our office.
CLICK HERE FOR GATEWAY REZONING STUDY
Learn about the Capital Improvements Program
Read our blog: here |Like us on Facebook: here | Follow Us on Twitter here
Below are locations of projects before the Planning Board.
View City of Dover, NH: Planning Board Meeting in a larger map
Below are locations of projects before the Zoning Board.
View City of Dover, NH: Zoning Board Meeting in a larger map
Meeting dates and submission deadlines for Planning Board, Zoning Board, TRC, Conservation Commission and the Transportation Advisory Commission located here on our Planning Department 2013 Meeting Schedule
Mission Statement - Planning Office
To facilitate the process of determining Dover’s long-range development goals and advocate the implementation of these goals once they are established with particular emphasis on economic development; to serve the public as a source of information and data about the community; to develop and fairly administer regulatory processes that apply to development and construction with an emphasis on assisting the public, and to provide expertise for special projects with emphasis on GIS, economic development, transportation and land use.
Major Service Responsibilities for the Planning Office
- Maintain and implement the City’s Master Plan
- Maintain and administer the approval process for development and subdivision of land
- Staff the Planning Board, Conservation Commission, Zoning Board of Adjustment and City Council for their respective land use and development issues
- Serve as an information source on the City and development process for the public, City departments and applicants
- Represent the City on regional and state committees and projects
- Conduct research and grant writing
- Conduct special projects as assigned by the City Manager or any of the City’s Boards and Commissions
- Planning Board
- Cochecho Waterfront Development Advisory Committee
- Community Trail Advisory Committee
- Conservation Commission
- Energy Commission
- Open Lands Committee
- Transportation Advisory Committee
- Zoning Board of Adjustment
Additional information is located under: Services in the Planning Directory.