This option involves new construction of a high school and CTC immediately to the west of and adjacent to the existing building.
The following pros and cons of this options were identified as:
- Creates small learning communities and integrates the CTE and the academic programs
- Generally good solar orientation
- The existing barn can be reused and there is easy access to it
- Access around the building, while not complete, will provide safety vehicles access to all sides of the building
- Due to adjacency to the existing building there would be some impacts students and teachers. The west parking lot will no longer be accessible
- One ball field and the basketball courts will need to be re-constructed
This option achieves the educational goals and does not cause major disruption to the ongoing education of the students. The JBC voted to pursue this as one of the options to be more fully developed and then to proceed with cost estimating for it.