skip to main navigation
skip to main content

Dover Library Home

Dover Public Library Logo

QuickButton.gif

B & M Railroad Arch Postcards

Arch 2 e.jpg

Located on Washington Street, the first arch was designed for a single track. In 1899 it was torn down and rebuilt for a double track.
By 1910, 60 trains a day stopped in Dover.

Arch e.jpg

Postcards donated by Robert Marston

 

This historical essay is provided free to all readers as an educational service. It may not be reproduced on any website, list, bulletin board, or in print without the permission of the Dover Public Library. Links to the Dover Public Library homepage or a specific article's URL are permissible.