skip to main navigation
skip to main content

Dover Library Home

Dover Public Library Logo

QuickButton.gif

Central Avenue Looking North

Central Ave looking north e.jpg

Central Square 10.jpg


Central Square Area
donated by Robert Marston



Central Avenue as we know it today had four names in 1850. It was called Central Street from Franklin Square to Silver Street. North of Franklin Square it was known as Franklin Street and south of Silver Street it was known as Pleasant Street as far as Stark Avenue and from there to Sawyer's Bridge it was known as Linden Street.
    From Dover, N.H.; People, businesses, and organizations 1850-1950 by Robert Marston, 2004.

 

This historical essay is provided free to all readers as an educational service. It may not be reproduced on any website, list, bulletin board, or in print without the permission of the Dover Public Library. Links to the Dover Public Library homepage or a specific article's URL are permissible.