skip to main navigation
skip to main content

Dover Library Home

Dover Public Library Logo

QuickButton.gif

Young House

Young house.jpg



This house was built in the 1780s by James Young on the site of the temporary log cabin erected in 1705 by his ancestor Jonathan young. It is the third house on the same site as the second one burned and this third one was erected about 1780.

This property has never been out of the family since 1705.

The old dining room is very large and there are about twelve rooms in the house exclusive of the attic.

This land was granted to Thomas Young in 1696.

From “Old Houses Built Before 1840, many before 1780, Dover, NH” By Florence E. McDaniel

 

This historical essay is provided free to all readers as an educational service. It may not be reproduced on any website, list, bulletin board, or in print without the permission of the Dover Public Library. Links to the Dover Public Library homepage or a specific article's URL are permissible.