skip to main navigation
skip to main content

Dover Library Home

Dover Public Library Logo

QuickButton.gif

Webb House

Webb house.jpg

220 Washington Street/ 2 Cushing Street



 This corner house has two addresses. Originally 220 Washington street, Charles W. Webb moved here about 1935 and operated a grocery store at 158 Washington. In the mid-1940s the back of this home became 2 Cushing Street. Vernon Webb lived there and took over the grocery store while Charles W. started and insurance and real estate business. A few years later Irving Webb took over the store and Vernon joined the insurance firm. The grocery went out of business about 1958.
    From the 1990 Heritage Walking Tour Booklet

 

This historical essay is provided free to all readers as an educational service. It may not be reproduced on any website, list, bulletin board, or in print without the permission of the Dover Public Library. Links to the Dover Public Library homepage or a specific article's URL are permissible.