skip to main navigation
skip to main content

Dover Library Home

Dover Public Library Logo

QuickButton.gif

Varney Ham House Postcard

Ham house.jpg

The caption of the postcard reads, "The Ham house at Garrison Hill, Dover, N.H., was in existence in 1696, and is thought to have been built in 1680. It was not attacked by the Indians June 28th, 1689, because Mr. Eben Varney who built it was a Quaker, and maintained friendly terms with the Indians.

Postcard donated by Robert Marston

 

This historical essay is provided free to all readers as an educational service. It may not be reproduced on any website, list, bulletin board, or in print without the permission of the Dover Public Library. Links to the Dover Public Library homepage or a specific article's URL are permissible.