skip to main navigation
skip to main content

Dover Library Home

Dover Public Library Logo

QuickButton.gif

William Moore House

William Moore house.jpg
5 Lexington Street



 Lot #2 was purchased by William Moore in 1885. He was in the dry goods business and operated stores in both Dover and Rochester. Mr. Moor built the house that is now on the lot in 1889 and lived there until 1923 when he sold the house to George J. Foster and moved to 171 Washington Street. George Foster did not live in the house but rented it to others.

 

This historical essay is provided free to all readers as an educational service. It may not be reproduced on any website, list, bulletin board, or in print without the permission of the Dover Public Library. Links to the Dover Public Library homepage or a specific article's URL are permissible.