skip to main navigation
skip to main content

Dover Library Home

Dover Public Library Logo

QuickButton.gif

116 Silver Street

116 Silver St.jpg

This duplex was built circa 1888 on land originally owned by John J. Hanson. The home was constructed for two Hanson daughters, one of whom, Alice (1858-1932), became Mrs. Charles H. Farnham. Farnham (1855-1935) was the owner of Lothrops, Farnham Clothing Company until his death. Harry L. Farnham (who took over operation of the store after his father’s death) continued to live at #116 until his 1972 death.
    From the 1999 Heritage Walking Tour booklet

 

This historical essay is provided free to all readers as an educational service. It may not be reproduced on any website, list, bulletin board, or in print without the permission of the Dover Public Library. Links to the Dover Public Library homepage or a specific article's URL are permissible.