skip to main navigation
skip to main content

Dover Library Home

Dover Public Library Logo

QuickButton.gif

William Hale Jr. House

Hale house 3.jpg


    In 1830,  William Hale Jr. built his house across the street from his father, William Hale Sr.'s house. By 1903 the house had been torn down and the land donated by the trustees of his estate to be the site of the new public library.


Hale House 5.jpg

A view of the steeple of the City Hall and Opera House from the Hale House grounds. Neither building now stands.

 


 

This historical essay is provided free to all readers as an educational service. It may not be reproduced on any website, list, bulletin board, or in print without the permission of the Dover Public Library. Links to the Dover Public Library homepage or a specific article's URL are permissible.