skip to main navigation
skip to main content

Dover Library Home

Dover Public Library Logo

QuickButton.gif

Dorr-Cilley House

35 Summer St.jpg

35 Summer Street


This house was built circa 1880 and owned by carpenter Charles C. Dorr. Dorr was an assessor and building inspector for the City of Dover until about 1910 when he retired. After his death in 1921, his wife Elizabeth remained here until 1924. The following year, the home passed to Dorr’s grandson, Horace L. Cilley.

    From the 1987 Heritage Walking Tour booklet

 

This historical essay is provided free to all readers as an educational service. It may not be reproduced on any website, list, bulletin board, or in print without the permission of the Dover Public Library. Links to the Dover Public Library homepage or a specific article's URL are permissible.