skip to main navigation
skip to main content

Dover Library Home

Dover Public Library Logo

QuickButton.gif

Cogswell House

Cogswell house 2.jpg

Colonel Amos Cogswell's house no longer exists. In the 1820's the New Hampshire Hotel was built on this site. That was torn down in turn and St. Mary's School was built here in 1912. Amos Cogswell was one of the original incorporators of Dover's first bank, the Strafford National Bank

 

This historical essay is provided free to all readers as an educational service. It may not be reproduced on any website, list, bulletin board, or in print without the permission of the Dover Public Library. Links to the Dover Public Library homepage or a specific article's URL are permissible.