skip to main navigation
skip to main content

Dover Library Home

Dover Public Library Logo

QuickButton.gif

35 Cushing Street

41 Cushing St.jpg

In 1878 Charles Murphy sold this lot to Maria Tasker for $1000 and Charles W. Tasker began living here until 1898. He was a dentist who had set up practice in Dover about 1869. Dr. Tasker died in 1923, but the house had been sold in 1919 to Fred Ireland. Fred’s widow Nellie sold it in 1930 to Fred Richardson, an insurance agent.
    From the 1990 Heritage Walking Tour booklet

 

This historical essay is provided free to all readers as an educational service. It may not be reproduced on any website, list, bulletin board, or in print without the permission of the Dover Public Library. Links to the Dover Public Library homepage or a specific article's URL are permissible.