skip to main navigation
skip to main content

Dover Library Home

Dover Public Library Logo

QuickButton.gif

Orpheum Theatre

Orpheum Theatre.jpg

Washington Street

The Orpheum Theatre opened in 1912, was renamed the State Theater in 1935 and finally closed about 1955. It is now the site of Robbins Auto Parts.


Orpheum Theatre postcard.jpg


Postcard donated by Robert Marston
 

 

This historical essay is provided free to all readers as an educational service. It may not be reproduced on any website, list, bulletin board, or in print without the permission of the Dover Public Library. Links to the Dover Public Library homepage or a specific article's URL are permissible.