skip to main navigation
skip to main content

Dover Library Home

Dover Public Library Logo

QuickButton.gif

Lothrop Memorial Hall

Lothrop Memorial Hall2.jpg



In 1916 Mrs. Mary Lothrop, a widow of Dr. James Lothrop, gave St. John's Methodist Church a gift of a parish hall in memory of her late husband. With the money she had provided, Lothrop Memorial Hall was built on the corner of Portland Avenue and Mechanic Street. The hall contained a gymnasium and was used for a variety of purposes. In 1945 it was sold to St. George's Maronite Church.
    From the 1983 Heritage Walking Tour booklet

 

This historical essay is provided free to all readers as an educational service. It may not be reproduced on any website, list, bulletin board, or in print without the permission of the Dover Public Library. Links to the Dover Public Library homepage or a specific article's URL are permissible.