skip to main navigation
skip to main content

Dover Library Home

Dover Public Library Logo

QuickButton.gif

C. H. Trickey Coal and Wood

CH Trickey.jpg
19 Cochecho Street



C. H Trickey Coal Company was organized in 1872 and employed 20 men and 16 horses. Charles Trickey bought the coal business from Moses D. Page and in 1876 enlarged the coal sheds and expanded to six pockets along the river. This company did all the hauling for the Cocheco Mfg. Co. They could store 4000 tons of coal at the Landing and they annually sold over 10,000 tons. Trickey was a founder of the Dover Navigation Company and their second schooner was named for him in 1879.
    From the1994 Heritage Walking Tour booklet

 

This historical essay is provided free to all readers as an educational service. It may not be reproduced on any website, list, bulletin board, or in print without the permission of the Dover Public Library. Links to the Dover Public Library homepage or a specific article's URL are permissible.