skip to main navigation
skip to main content

Dover Library Home

Dover Public Library Logo

QuickButton.gif

The Court House

  
courthouse.jpg
Central Avenue

The Court house was built in 1791 on the site of the existing Mobil Gas Station. In 1792 Dover was the capitol of New Hampshire for one year and the legislature met here in June. The building was sold for tenements in 1845 and later removed. The building to the left of the Court House is Bellevue Hall, an opera house.

 

This historical essay is provided free to all readers as an educational service. It may not be reproduced on any website, list, bulletin board, or in print without the permission of the Dover Public Library. Links to the Dover Public Library homepage or a specific article's URL are permissible.