skip to main navigation
skip to main content

Dover Library Home

Dover Public Library Logo

QuickButton.gif

City Hall Opera House

City Hall third5.jpg


The third City Hall was built in 1891 and burned August 3, 1933. The first two city halls also burned.
They were located at the corner of Washington Street and Central Avenue where the Masonic Temple now stands.


city hall opera house.jpg

The third city hall was located at 288 Central Avenue, as is the fourth (present) city hall.

 

This historical essay is provided free to all readers as an educational service. It may not be reproduced on any website, list, bulletin board, or in print without the permission of the Dover Public Library. Links to the Dover Public Library homepage or a specific article's URL are permissible.