skip to main navigation
skip to main content

Dover Library Home

Dover Public Library Logo


Central Avenue 1951

Central Avenue in 1951. The Broaway Bridge is visible in the center of the photograph. The roof of St. John's United Methodist Church is shining on the right side. Peirce Memorial Church is seen south of the bridge. This church has since been torn down.


This historical essay is provided free to all readers as an educational service. It may not be reproduced on any website, list, bulletin board, or in print without the permission of the Dover Public Library. Links to the Dover Public Library homepage or a specific article's URL are permissible.