Office of Human Resources
|The Human Resources Office is part of the Executive Department and is located on the first floor of City Hall within the City Manager’s Office. Primary services of the Human Resources Office are Recruitment and Onboarding; Labor Relations, including labor negotiations, grievance issues, consultant to department heads regarding labor issues; workplace safety, including the Workers’ Compensation Program and Joint Loss Management Program, employee benefits; and Administrative Regulations / Labor Policies. |
The mission of the Human Resources Division is to support the goals and challenges of the City of Dover, NH, by providing services that promote a work environment that is characterized by fair treatment of staff, open communications, personal accountability, trust and mutual respect. We will seek and provide solutions to workplace issues that support and optimize the operating principles of the organization.
* Provide quality, cost effective, and on-time delivery service to all internal and external customers.
* Serve as a business partner to management in developing key strategies and addressing the overall business needs that must be met to make the organization a leader in its industry.
* Become and remain a preferred employer of choice by maintaining an ongoing business process in which qualified people are attracted, recruited, oriented, trained, developed, and retained in the organization.
* Maintain competitive and innovative compensation and benefits programs.
* Place the highest regard on fair and equitable treatment of each and every employee regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, marital status, disability, ancestry, national origin, or veteran status.
* Keep abreast of local, state, and federal employment laws and regulations as they pertain to municipal business.
* Ensure that HR policies and practices meet governmental (regulatory) requirements.
* Promote a team environment.
* Promote and maintain a safe and secured work environment for all employees.