|Typical Meeting Time||The first Thursday of the month, 4:00pm (except July & August)|
|Typical Meeting Location||Dover Public Library, Trustees Room, Second floor73 Locust Street, Dover, NH 03820|
|Board's Liaison||Dover Public Library|
E-Mail Board - View Public Meeting Records
The Library Board shall perform the following functions:
- To consider and recommend general policies regarding the operation of the Dover Municipal Library, so far as they are consistent with the City Charter and other applicable laws, statutes and ordinances.
- Receive and deposit with the City Treasurer any trust funds and, upon invitation of the Treasurer, make recommendations on the investment of donations and bequests of funds made to the city for the benefit of the City Library.
- Maintain such records of library trust funds and trust income as will ensure proper management of principal and use of income in accordance with the donors or testators directions, and continuously solicit donations and bequests for the benefit of the library.
- Make an annual report of all library activities to the City Manager and keep such records and other reports as he directs.
- Exercise their best efforts by every allowable means to promote and perpetuate the growth, prosperity and the usefulness to the public library.
Reference Administrative Code 5-4 Library Board.