The City of Dover accepts applications for open vacancies. If you would like to apply for a position listed, simply download a City of Dover Employment Application, complete, sign and return the application to EMPLOYMENT, City Manager's Office, 288 Central Avenue, Dover, NH 03820 by the closing date shown for that particular position. Applications are also available at the front entrance of City Hall.
City of Dover Employment Application.pdf
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
* Do I have to complete a City Employment Application for each position I am interested in?
Yes, each position requires a separate application, unless otherwise indicated in the vacancy announcement.
* How do I submit an application for a job vacancy?
Applications are accepted via postal mail or when submitted in person to the address posted in the vacancy announcement.
* Can I fax or email my application and/or resume?
No, the City does not accept faxed or emailed application information. An original application must be submitted via postal mail or in person by the closing date.
* Will the City accept late applications / resumes?
Under no circumstances will the City accept an application beyond the closing date.
* The position I want to apply for closes today and I can’t make it to City Hall. Is there anything I can do?
If you send your application via postal mail and it is post marked by the carrier on or before the closing date, your application will be accepted when received.
* Can I send my resume in lieu of filling out a City of Dover Employment Application?
Unless otherwise indicated on the vacancy announcement, an Employment Application must be submitted for each position you are applying for. You may submit a cover letter and/or resume with your application, but they will not be accepted in lieu of the application.
* I applied for a position and I’m wondering what the status is?
You will hear from the hiring department; either by phone, postal mail, or email regarding the position you applied for. Applications are not reviewed by the hiring department until after the closing date. This does take some time and we ask that you be patient.
* Can I submit an application for a position that is not currently open?
No, the City of Dover does not accept applications for jobs that are not currently open. The City of Dover does not keep applications on file for future openings.
* If I am offered a position with the City of Dover are there any additional requirements that will be expected of me?
Any offer of employment may be contingent upon job related factors, including but not limited to, testing of job related skills; successful completion of a physical examination; verification of your former employment and references; a thorough background investigation, including criminal record and motor vehicle record checks; and appropriate drug testing. All conditional offer requirements will be identified to you in writing.
If you are hired for a position, you will be required to present proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
It is important to please read the Vacancy Announcement, Position Description and Employment Application in full for the position which you are applying for.